Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: More vulnerabilities in FP

From: ronvdaal () SYNTONIC NET (Ron van Daal)
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 12:41:26 +0200

To test this vulnerability we need "htimage.exe" in our "cgi-bin"
directory (it's installed by default) and premission to execute it.
That's why only Windows is vulnerable, Unix to execute "htimage.exe" +
If "htimage.exe" exist). based systems can't execute "*.exe" files.

Incorrect. The FrontPage98 server extensions for Linux contains several
*.exe files, which are 32-bit ELF executables. The Linux port of the FP98
server extensions isn't vulnerable, because of the missing htimage.exe.

Regards,

Ron van Daal | Syntonic Internet | The Netherlands