Bugtraq mailing list archives

pop3

From: sp00n () GMX DE (spoon spoon)
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 18:23:28 +0200

I noticed the following behavior in the pop3 server as shipped with
Redhat 6.1 (still don't see

Qualcomms POP servers have this problem as well, on linux, solaris, etc.
Except the lock file gets stored where ever your users mail is stored.
/var/mail(on a sun) or where ever. I guess a nice solution would be to have a
subdirectory with mode 700 permissions under /var/mail/locks or something like
that where only the popper can write to. Or just ignore the lock if the owner
of the lock file is diffrent thant the userid of the person popping their
mail.

$ > .jqpublic.pop
$ id
uid=1001(testacct) gid=1(other)
$ pwd
/var/mail
$ ls -la | more
total 465698
drwxrwxrwt   3 root     mail        6656 Apr 20 12:03 .
<cut>
-rw-r--r--   1 testacct     other          0 Apr 20 12:03 .jqpublic.pop
<cut>

+OK QPOP (version: 2.53) on solaris

jqpublic ant pop his mail

--