Bugtraq mailing list archives

Xerox DocuColor 4 LP D.O.S

From: jason () SPIS NET (Jason Lutz)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:40:10 -0600

 BugTraq,

   I have found several bugs with XEROX network printers/copiers the first I would like to share with you is the
DocuColor 4 LP Denial of Service attack. This attack can case the XEROX printer to become completely unresponsive to
pings and will not allow any thing to be printed unless you give it a hard reboot. Worst of all you can do this from
any workstation that has access to the Fiery web based tools. This can give your local XEROX guys fits.

[[root@ns2 whis]# telnet x.x.x.x 80
Trying x.x.x.x ...
Connected to x.x.x.x
Escape character is '^]'.