Bugtraq mailing list archives

MSIE 4.0 Internet Content Advisor

From: kris () VALIANT KOEHNTOPP DE (Kristian Koehntopp)
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 14:06:53 +0200

I was toying around with the Internet Content Advisor function
of MSIE 4.0 and has a few funny experiences. For example, I was
unable to remotely administer my IIS 3.0 anymore, because the
IISADMIN pages do not have PICS labels at all.

Also, I tried the following experiment: I cleaned my cache,
enabled the Content Advisor and accessed www.playboy.com. Of
course I was denied access, but I was able to fetch the start
page of the playboy from my cache directory afterwards (using
for example Word or Dreamweaver). MSIE did not delete cache
objects for which I should not have access permissions...

Kristian

--
Kristian Koehntopp, Knooper Weg 46, 24103 Kiel, +49 170 2231 811
"Yes, that would all be nice.  However, as a friend of mine says, if frogs