Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: AMaViS virus scanner for Linux - root exploit

From: shiva () AACHALON DE (Christian Bricart)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 18:05:08 -0000

The AMaViS incoming-mail virus scanning utility (available
at <A TARGET=nonlocal
HREF="/external/http://aachalon.de/AMaViS/";>http://aachalon.de/AMaViS/</A>)
for Linux has
problems.

I tried to contact the maintainer of the package
(Christian
Bricart) on June 26, again several times over the course
of
the last month, but I have not received anything from him
and the AMaViS website does not yet acknowledge the
problem
or provide a fix.

Sorry .. I have away from my terminal the last few weeks...
Usually every mail gets an reply within max. two days
delay.. (esp. when they are _that_ urgent)

Now to the possible exploit:
<A TARGET=nonlocal
HREF="/external/http://aachalon.de/AMaViS/";>AMaViS
0.2.0-pre5</a> has been released, which should fix the
problem using your (slightly modified) patch...

Regards
  Christian Bricart