Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: aix 4.2 4.3.1, adb

From: mga () ZOO UVM EDU (Mike Austin)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:12:36 -0400

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, GZ Apple wrote:

Local users can halt the operating system by 'adb' command under my AIX
box.

Now host halted. AIX 4.2(IBM RS/6000 F50) and AIX 4.3.1(IBM RS/6000 S70)
have 'adb' problem. But AIX 4.3.2 haven't the 'adb' problem. I have tested
it under my AIX box. Is it bug of AIX 4.2, 4.3.1?

AIX 4.3.2 has the problem too if you have the bos.adt.debug fileset
installed.

# which adb
/usr/bin/adb
# lslpp -w /usr/bin/adb
  File                                        Fileset               Type
  /usr/bin/adb                                bos.adt.debug         File

mga.

--
Mike Austin                           Computing & Information Technology
Systems Programmer                    The University of Vermont