Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: SUN almost has a clue! (automountd) (fwd)

From: bzdrnja () ZESOI FER HR (Bojan Zdrnja)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 10:11:10 +0100

On  0, Robert Borrell <borrell () POBOX COM> wrote:
To all on the list,

I tested the exploited listed below on Solaris 2.6 sparc platforms and I
could NOT replicate the results from below.  The systems have the latest
Solaris 2.6 recommended cluster.

I tested same exploit on Solaris 2.6 machines and it worked. Maybe you
haven't read carefully enough exploit explanations. You *have to* DNS spoof
attacking machine (or just put it into /etc/hosts for testing).
If you try attacking remote machine without DNS spoofing it just won't work.
You can find some logs in /var/adm/messages, I already see various people
trying this exploit on my machines :-(.

Reboot attempt worked successfully and left this in log:

Jan  5 09:56:20 testmachine reboot: rebooted by LOGIN

Also, machine I tested exploit on was *fully* patched Solaris 2.6 machine.

Regards, Bojan

--
E-mail: bzdrnja () zems fer hr        (world address)

WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE | URL:                      | Funky technician
AND MUSIC NEVER STOPS  | http://fly.cc.fer.hr/~ld/ | is back!