Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [SECURITY] New versions of netstd fixes buffer overflows

From: chip () PERLSUPPORT COM (Chip Salzenberg)
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 21:00:03 -0500

According to debian-security-announce () LISTS DEBIAN ORG:
We have received reports that the netstd suffered from two buffer
overflows. The first problem is an exploitable buffer overflow in the
bootp server. The second problem is an overflow in the FTP client. Both
problems are fixed in a new netstd package, version 3.07-2hamm.4 .

What about the version in potato, 3.07-7?  Is it vulnerable, too?
--
Chip Salzenberg      - a.k.a. -      <chip () perlsupport com>
      "When do you work?"   "Whenever I'm not busy."