Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: baynetworks router DoS

From: a_rager () YAHOO COM (Anton Rager)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 17:12:32 -0800

The Centillion 1000 [c-1000] referenced is actually an ATM switch, and
the unit/operational code was developed by NEC, and is resold by Bay
[now Nortel].  We have a C1400 with an slightly older revision of code
[7.01], and can't duplicate the problem -- besides, it only asks for a
password initially, then you can enable priv access with another
password....not the sequence described.

Perhaps he is referring to the Bay/Nortel Accelar 1000 series layer
2/layer 3 switches.  They function as an IP router.  I'm running 1.3.0
boot and runtime code on an Accelar 1200, and can't duplicate the
problem.  Perhaps he is using older/newer code?

Also tested with BCN/ASN/AN Bay routers, and can't duplicate the
problem with version 9.00 or 12.10 operational code.

I have no clue what VIRSOFT () VIRSOFT COM is testing with......

Anton Rager

---John <flamingdog () YAHOO COM> wrote:

I asked a friend at Baynetworks about it and he replied with this:

Never heard of a Bay 1000 router, there is a c-1000 switch that does
atm,DS3 Banwidth aggregation for carriers like MCI. Its new, like 6
months.

---Virsoft <virsoft () VIRSOFT COM> wrote:

In the last night, i was testing DoS with several Baynetworks
routers (serie 1000). I discovered that they reset when you put a
login bigger than 256 bytes,
and if you put the same into the password query, the never more work
until manual reset.

==
Anton Rager
a_rager () yahoo com