Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: SSH 1.x and 2.x Daemon

From: kuruption () CHA0S COM (KuRuPTioN)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 15:22:03 -0500

Hello again.

I have been brainstorming with a few people and I have found a solution to
the problem I was experiencing.  This solution works in both SSH 1.2.26 (not
1.2.27, as I was delusional that day) and SSH 2.0.11.

In SSH 1.2.26 adding the -DHAVE_STRUCT_SPWD_EXPIRE to the Makefile in the
top of the SSH tree with fix the problem.

In SSH 2.0.11 adding the same -DHAVE_STRUCT_SPWD_EXPIRE to
ssh-2.0.11/lib/sshsession/Makefile.  In both case, I added it to the 'defs
=' section and it worked fine, but maybe there is a cleaner way to do this.

In regards to -with-login, I have tried it and gotten errors not allowing me
to login at all.  I do not remember the exact problem, but I know it did not
work.  (I am too lazy right now to replicate the error).

Thanks to everyone who responded and lent me a hand.

Raymond T Sundland