Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Critical Updater Security

From: shamrock () NETCOM COM (Lucky Green)
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 14:15:49 -0800

When I went through the same procedure, Critical Update installed a new
version of the Critical Update control upon accessing the update site.
However, it did ask me if I wanted to install it. Perhaps you once clicked
the "Always trust software from Microsoft Corporation" in the Authenticode
popup? In that case, code signed by Microsoft might auto-install.

--Lucky Green <shamrock () netcom com>
  PGP 5.x  encrypted email preferred