Bugtraq mailing list archives

NetBus client 1.x overflow

From: bugtraqmail () GMX DE (Daniel Rosowski)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:43:56 +0100

Hello all you bugtraq"ers" out there,

I don't know if this is already known, if so please excuse my post.

When I was experimenting with the remote administration tool     NetBus
1.x client I found something interesting. I set up netcat (TCP/IP tool, at
www.l0pht.com) to send a file 700kb of size to every host that connects to my
port 12345. When I connected with the NetBus client to the localhost, NetBus
crashed about three seconds later.
I tried that on a dialup connection with a friend and it worked, too.
The new NetBus 2.0 Pro is not affected by the overflow, it cuts the
connection when it doesn't recognize the NetBus server message.
I don't have any suggestion how to fix the problem other than not to use
it:-)

Daniel Rosowski
---
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net