Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Frontpage extensions under Apache 1.3.4

From: alan () MANAWATU GEN NZ (Alan Brown)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:15:56 +1300

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Sitzkrieg Redundus wrote:

I spent the bulk my time a few days back convincing the Frontpage 98
extensions and Apache 1.3.4 (patched with patch version 3.0.4.3) to play
nicely. After banging my head against it for a few hours, I got things to
what I thought was a workable point, and fired up httpd. And got an error
back about there being a syntax error on line 1 of /dev/null.

Has anyone properly audited the current Front Page extensions for any
Apache server? My understanding is that these are available soley as
binary/object files and inspection of source is impossible.

I'd love to know if this has changed, as we refuse to install FP
extensions because for all we know they may be swiss cheese.

Many other apache server admins will have taken the same position.

AB