Bugtraq mailing list archives

lame TOPdesk program encryption

From: dapozza () SOFTHOME NET (dapozza)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 14:05:52 GMT

Hi all,

I was just playing with a program called TOPdesk, it's a helpdesk
program and you have the usual login for normal users and superusers.
I don't know if this is a Dutch only program.
It's made with Foxpro and it stores it's loginname and password in a
subdir DATA with the the filename login.dbf. It's a normal dbase file
and the password encryption plain sucks.
Here goes: you take the fist letter of the password, decrease it with
one letter, you take the second letter of the pass , decrease that one
with two letters etc ..

When will they learn...

Bye

Sysadmin Van Wijhe verf BV
- Linux -
Find out what you've been missing while you've been rebooting Windows NT