Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Access 97 Stores Database Password as Plaintext

From: zorkeres () HOTMAIL COM (Zorkeres .)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 13:54:14 PST

I don't think this is the philosophie to follow.
If you implement a password scheme for the data base and you market it
as secure users don't have to take all the step you talk about.

What bugs me more about this "bug" is the little comment you said at the
end of your post "for what it was orignally intended for -- keeping out
unsophisticated users."  I don't think I'm the only one here that think
that should think before making comments like that.
In other words your saying to all microsoft users , "Microsoft the
legion of unsophisticated users". I will let the marketing department of
Microsfot sort that out, anyways that is the only department that really
work efficiently there. Thinking that way about security is the best way
to end up with your panths down everyone second.