Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Big problem on 2.0.x?

From: mike () BAYOFFICE NET (Mike Ireton)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 17:11:37 -0800

Eduardo Cruz wrote:

Last week i was playing with my old linux 2.0.36 i486 box, while i was
playing with the command ping and trying combinations of commands
i found that when u do a ping -s 65468 -R  ANYIPADDRESS ( -R record
route) the system starts to print on the screen kernel dumps
, freezes complitely and after few secconds the system reboots.

<snip>

        This is confirmed in 2.0.38, no patch in sight yet.

--
Mike Ireton
Senior Systems Engineer