Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: FlowPoint DSL router vulnerability

From: cshenton () UUCOM COM (Chris Shenton)
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 10:34:09 -0400

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 14:09:09 -0700, Matt <matt () USE NET> said:

Matt> The following URL contains information about a firmware upgrade
Matt> for FlowPoint DSL routers that fixes a possible "security
Matt> compromise".  FlowPoint has chosen not to release ANY
Matt> information whatsoever about the vulnerability. I was curious if
Matt> anyone had any more information about this vulnerability than
Matt> what FlowPoint is divulging.

Matt> http://www.flowpoint.com/support/techbulletin/sec308.htm

I found a vulnerability in the 3.0.2 code with one common scanning
tools. They shipped me a fixed kernel in under an hour. I was
impressed.