Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: ftp.exe overflow...

From: hypoclear () JUNGLE NET (Linux Users Strike Today)
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 22:55:07 -0000

---cut---
After i saw the telnet overflow i decided to send my ftp
overflow
(Windows95).

Overflow:
After connecting to a host type:
mdir xx...x's until you can't type anything...
---cut---

I tried this on Windows 98 quickly, and I didn't recieve any
overflow.  (I didn't really go into trying it on NT or 95,
because I'm too lasy to turn those computers on too).  At
least in Win98, ftp.exe seems to limit the number of
characters which are inputed to any particular command, thus
not creating an overflow.  Can anyone else reproduce this,
so ftp.exe crashes, or it pops out some useful memory
addresses?

hypoclear - lUSt (Linux Users Strike Today)
PS - Just 'cause I like Linux doesn't mean I can't post
about Windows...