Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: FW-1 DOS attack: PART II

From: lance () SPITZNER NET (Spitzner, Lance)
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 23:32:19 -0500

On 31 Jul 1999, James E McWilliams wrote:

Good write up on the page. I have a wild one for you is in the INSPECT code do you think this problem can be solved?
I am going to start looking at it tonight and see what I can get going with it.  One more question I had is and I
only heard back from one person saying they filled up the connections on a LINUX proxy based FW in the same matter
with NMAP. I was wondering if this would work on other FW's?

Excellent question about the use of Inspect, I do not know.  I
talked to several hardcore guru's it may be possible.  If you
come up with anything, let us know!  Meanwhile, I'll be
taking a stab at it myself :)

As for other FW's I don't know.  You would have to learn how
their connections table works.

You might be on to something big...

Bigger then I thought.  I hope this doesn't blow up in my face :)

Lance
http://www.enteract.com/~lspitz