Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: ipop3d (x2) / pine (x2) / Linux kernel (x2) / Midnight

From: bluca () comedia it (Luca Berra)
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 17:27:33 +0200

On Fri, Apr 09, 1999 at 02:17:17PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
Hi!

7. Midnight Commander 4.x bugs (x2)

While Miguel de Icaza claims there's no known bugs in mc, Pavel Machek
confirmed that there are still not fixed races.

I checked out cvs of mc today, and races are gone. Owen Taylor did the
work. Is there any more problems in midnight you know of?

Yup, most of the vfs shell scripts sux
i.e.: many contain things like '> $3' unquoted.
the mc.sh example script is a perfect example of how
a script should not be written ($RANDOM is not at all a safe
way to generate temporary file names)

i tried to patch whatever i found,
all my patches to mc, if anyone cares, can be found at

http://www.comedia.it/bluca/mc/

Regards,
Luca

--