Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: bug in minicom 1.75 ?

From: sstone () UME PHT CO JP (Scott Stone)
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 09:21:53 +0900

On Sun, 30 Aug 1998, Koji wrote:

Hi all.

I dont have notices about that publication, if it happens, im so sorry.
I have been testing some commands from the shell with minicom, getting
unexpected results. They proove with minicom 1.75.

in debian 1.3.1 ...

# minicom `perl -e 'print "0" x 100;'`
minicom: WARNING: configuration file not found, using defaults
minicom: cannot open /dev/cua1: No such file or directory

# minicom `perl -e 'print "0" x 1000;'`
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Thank very much and have a nice day

This appears to be fixed in minicom 1.81.1 - at least, I can't exploit it
on mine.  Although now that minicom uses alt- keys, I can't run it in an
xterm anymore.. sigh.

Scott M. Stone <sstone () pht com, sstone () turbolinux com>
               <sstone () pht co jp>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)
http://www.pht.com              http://armadillo.pht.co.jp
http://www.pht.co.jp            http://www.turbolinux.com