Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: ospf_monitor (Solaris 2.5)

From: smm () WPI EDU (Seth Michael McGann)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 00:55:48 -0400

I can confirm that the version in FreeBSD 2.2.6 is indeed vulnerable, the
stack is smashed and we are root at the time :(.  Fortunately, it is not
executable by anyone but root or group ospf.  I would venture that solaris
x86 is vulnerable.  The exploit is trivial, just change the target in your
favorite local overflow and exec.