Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: ircii-pana (BitchX) 74p4 overflow

From: fudd () BRIAN GOT NET (Brian Weiss)
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 12:45:55 -0700

On Wed, 27 May 1998, Rich Lafferty wrote:

On Wed, 27 May 1998, Brian Weiss wrote:

Thanks for the report, although this problem has already been fixed in the
75 alpha versions. If you would like, you can obtain a 75aX binary through
one of two methods:

1. /ctcp q cdcc list - on efnet

Eesh! On an IRC network with no nick-ownership services, this is just
*begging* for trouble. You should post the user@host of the client which
is to be trusted.

The effect of a malevolent user obtaining that nick would be unfortunate.

  -Rich/mendel@efnet

--
Rich Lafferty ---------------------------------------------------------
Computing Services       | "How should I know if it works? That's what

Rich, you are very very right, I apologize for this mistake and hereby
post the user@host :)

q!panasync () colossus melnibone org

PS - I also forgot to say that at the moment only Linux bins are available
and that the source is not available for alpha versions either. If you
have another operating system that you would like a binary for, please let
me know in an email and I will see what I can do (no guarantees). Thank
you all for your patience and I hope no harm was done because of these
oversights.

.-
Brian Weiss (fudd@efnet)