Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Insecurity...

From: cjv () RBMI ORG (Courteney van den Berg)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 10:00:45 -0700

This is an OLE structured storage problem, not a Microsoft application
problem (although very few non-Microsoft apps use OLE structured
storage).  It was fixed on Windows95 a long time ago by an OLE patch
(see MS KB article Q139432).  Microsoft need a kick in the pants for
leaving such an old bug in their latest release of MAC OLE though.  I
guess the MAC OLE source is probably based on an ancient version of the
PC OLE code.

CJ van den Berg
Computer Information Systems Department
CfaN