Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: FreeBSD's RST validation

From: tristan+-eyjgmd () ETHEREAL NET (Tristan Horn)
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 22:30:34 -0700

On Sun, Aug 30, 1998 at 06:22:26PM -0700, James Snow wrote:
Be aware that this individual used this attack on my machine late last
night, disconnecting all of my users without warning, and certainly
without asking for permission.

As before, I apologize for disconnecting those three random IRC sessions,
though I don't think that's relevant to this forum.

He also did not, to my knowledge, report this to the FreeBSD team before
posting this here.

Yeah, I only Bcc'd security-officer () freebsd org.  Sorry, prior experience
led me to believe that it would take a day or so before the message would
be approved...

Probably not entirely FreeBSD-specific, anyway.