Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: APC UPS PowerChute PLUS exploit...

From: xx_cdunham () APCC COM (Carl Dunham)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 12:21:34 -0400

Rick is correct, currently the proper way to avoid this exposure to
crashing is to set the powerchute.ini file as described.

After seeing Theo's original posting, we looked into the issue and we
plan on adding some error-checking code to avoid crashes if a bad packet
is received.  This fix will make its way into PowerChute updates over
the next several months.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. APC is very much
interested in keeping PowerChute robust and secure (for obvious
reasons). Any future problems can be  quickly reported via our Web site
at http://www.apcc.com/english/svice/techs/contact_support.cfm. If you
don't get the response there you expect, please don't hesitate to
contact me directly.

Thanks,

Carl A. Dunham
Engineering Team Leader
American Power Conversion

Please respond to perry () NEWS VILL EDU