Bugtraq mailing list archives

SSH/X11 vulnerability - pointer to draft

From: flegel () MAIL BRAUNSCHWEIG NETSURF DE (Ulrich Flegel)
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 10:43:24 +0100

Hi there,

this  one  goes  out  to  all  of  you who'd like to discuss a paper I wrote
recently.   The paper is concerned with a vulnerability created by X and SSH
together.  You find the draft at:

http://home.braunschweig.netsurf.de/~ulrich.flegel/pub/ssh-x11.ps.gz

I  might  have  introduced several spelling errors or may have used improper
terms.   When  reading, please assume a relaxed and indulgent attitude for I
am  not  a native english speaker.  I therefore would be grateful if someone
could  point  out  all those errors to me.  Furthermore I am not at all sure
this vulnerability hasn't yet been discussed in this forum.  I'm sorry if so
(especially I'm sorry for the time I invested when creating the paper :-).

To  make  a  long story short I am interested in all feedback, especially of
technical  nature,  too.   If  you  find  statements  in the paper which are
inaccurate     or     plainly     false,     please     contact     me    at
Ulrich.Flegel () braunschweig netsurf de.

I'd prefer draft feedback to go directly to my private email address.  After
some days of feedback silence the paper will be released officially.

So long,
 Ulrich Flegel