Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: solaris 251 & syslogd

From: rap () UCLINK BERKELEY EDU (Richard Peters)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 09:49:01 -0800

I experienced the same problem with this 103738-05 patch and reverted to
103738-03 with which I have had not experienced the HUP problem.  However,
on the track of missing messages being a security problem, Solaris log
processing does occasionally drop messages into the trash bin, especially
when lots of messages are being processed. Not a good "feature".  ..Richard
Peters