Bugtraq mailing list archives

wanted: toneloc files

From: shipley () DIS ORG (Evil Pete)
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 13:57:11 -0800

 I am writing a paper on wardialing results and am looking to obtain
 wardial data in the form of toneloc log and .dat files from around the
 country.  I hope to able to present a reasonable demographic survey
 and analysis of the data and present it as a published referance.

 One of the reasons for this is that whenever I have read a published
 text that mentions wardialing, the data and analysis seem to be
 glossed over.  I have never found a paper or ``file'' that has covered
 the details of the data (as compared to, for example, password
 guessing where there are a plethora of good academic and non-academic
 papers published on the subject).

 Over the last year I have dialed most of San Francisco and nearby SF
 bay area. At this point I would like to obtain log and dat files to
 other area so that I can avoid any local bias (I am living near the
 silicon valley and the armpit of multi-media startups)

                -Pete
                http://www.dis.org/shipley

 PS :I have written several unix programs for the online processing of
     these data files.  Thus when  I am done I will place the data
     online.