Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Shared Secret Recovery in RADIUS

From: mesrik () CC JYU FI (Riku Meskanen)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 22:00:17 +0300

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Thomas H. Ptacek wrote:
This attack was sent to Livingston and posted to the RADIUS discussion
list (I'm at a loss for the name of it) last year. I think it's worthwhile
to note that the attacks you're pointing out are actively being exploited,
and have been for awhile. "Global roaming" systems involving RADIUS
proxies will dramatically increase the implications of this attack.

Some work seems to be done by Dale Cook <cdm () hyperk com> of SCIENTECH to
solve these issues, see

http://www.livingston.com/Tech/Technotes/Security/RADIUS-RSA.shtml

:-) riku

--
    [ This .signature intentionally left blank ]