Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Multiply bugs in MH-6.8.3 (Mail Handler program)

From: shok () COBRA ONLINEX NET (Matt Conover)
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 22:51:48 -0600

No actually you're wrong...there are two different overflows...this is why
I said there are MULTIPLE bugs...I just only mentioned one..because that
one is used no checkmail() and it will be called but there is an
exception:
static int  checkmail (user, home, datesw, notifysw, personal)
register char *user, *home;
int     datesw,
        notifysw,
        personal;
{
    int     mf,
            status;
    char    buffer[BUFSIZ];
    struct stat st;

    (void) sprintf (buffer, "%s/%s",
            mmdfldir[0] ? mmdfldir : home,
            mmdflfil[0] ? mmdflfil : user);

The exception is if mmdfldir[0] is true..otherwise this WILL get called
and this is directly in msgchk.c checkmail() NOT in ruserpass.c that is a
completely different overflow