Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: NT4 bug? Or bug in my hardware?

From: ph () EAINET COM (Peter Hartzler)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 16:17:23 -0500

Hmmm...

I fed this one to my NT guy, and here is what he came up with:

---
Pete,

I just tried this on our NT 4.0 server (no SP2, Pentium 133/32).  While the
performance monitor indicates a 100% processor load, other measurements
indicate otherwise.  Subjective evaluation of the machine indicate that the
processor is running at "normal" speed.  In addition, limited gnu utilities
installed on this NT server find no problems with the CPU load, performance
or memory space.

All this would seem to indicate that the "bug" found is in fact affecting the
performance _measurement_ of the CPU, rather than the CPU (or the kernel)
itself...
---

Just another data point.

-ph

if you telnet to port 135, type a bunch of junk (say 10-20
characters), hit enter and disconnect,

    __
  / / /     | Peter Hartzler                       ph () eainet com |
 / /_/_     | Senior Systems Analyst         fax: (703) 356-0472 |
 \ \/\_\__  | Ellsworth Associates, Inc.   voice: (703) 821-3090 |
  \  /_/\_\ | Vienna, Virginia 22182, USA  http://www.eainet.com |
    \  / /  |   Programming  *  Networks  *  WWW  *  Databases   |