Bugtraq mailing list archives

SunOS4.1.4 another tmpfs bug

From: yamamori () KT RIM OR JP (YAMAMORI Takenori)
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 09:46:03 +0900

  I found another SunOS4.1.4 tmpfs bug that is still unresolved.

  I think there are two tmpfs bugs, they are different, and the first
can be fixed but the second is not still able to be fixed.

  The first tmpfs bug:
    (/tmp is mounted as tmpfs)
    $ cd /tmp
    $ mknod aaa p
    $ ln aaa bbb    # should be hard-link
    $ ls -l
  and then kernel panics.

  I know this well. This can be fixed by modload the 8lgm_tmpfs.c.

However

  The second tmpfs bug:
    (/tmp is mounted as tmpfs)
    $ cd /tmp
    $ mkdir aaa
    $ chmod -w aaa
    $ cd aaa
    $ ln -s bbb ccc    # should be symbolic-link (not hard-link)
and then
panic: kmem_free: block already free

  I don't know how to avoid the second bug.
  Though I modload the 8lgm_tmpfs.c, the second bug is not fixed
  and kernel panics.

  Does anyone know about the second tmpfs bug?
  Please tell me how to avoid the bug.

YAMAMORI Takenori  yamamori () kt rim or jp