Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: CIAC Bulletin G-45: Vulnerability in HP VUE

From: mharrigan () cisco com (Matthew G. Harrigan)
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 11:56:24 -0700

At 11:47 AM 9/20/96 -0500, you wrote:

PROBLEM:       By exploiting vulnerabilities in HP VUE 3.0 it is possible to
              increase privileges and launch denial of service attacks.
PLATFORM:      HP 9000 series 700/800 systems running versions 10.01 and 10.10
              of HP-UX.
DAMAGE:        By exploiting these vulnerabilities, a local user can obtain
              root access.
SOLUTION:      Apply the patches and/or workarounds provided in the vendor
              bulletin below.
VULNERABILITY  These vulnerabilities are widely known.

Someone please tell me that this isnt about the vhe_mnt
bug. If so, can we vote on who gets to work at CIAC?

Matt
 Matthew G. Harrigan            |cisco Systems
 Internet Systems Engineer      |mharrigan () cisco com
"640K ought to be enough for    |Email Pager:
 anybody. " - Bill Gates, 1981  |mharrigan () airnote net