Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Linux & BSD's lpr exploit

From: sod () command com inter net (Scriptors of DOOM)
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 02:27:51 -0700

Oh, if I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning, I'd hammer in the evening,
and I'd hammer me some Unix scripts.

As promised to a number of you several weeks and three bugs ago, the second
ppl exploit has arrived for public consumption.  It's been tested on
workstations and servers, 700's and 800's, 9's and 10's, and it force fed
the double-plus straight into root's .rhosts every time.  Ya gotta love
that!

So come on down, bring your kids, show your friends, dose your parents, and
point your browser over to http://command.com.inter.net/~sod/, where one
bug a week is the promise we keep, lest our souls crackle like crispy
critters in the fires o' hell.

But it's late, and I'm tired, and it's bedtime.

G'nite.

SPECIAL NOTE TO OUR FRIENDS AT HP:

BUY US!!  BUY US NOW!!  SEND US YOUR MONEY!!  YOU'LL FEEL BETTER!!  YOU'LL
LOSE WEIGHT!!  YOU'LL BECOME MORE POPULAR WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX!!  BUY US
AND LET ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!!  I COMMAND YOU TO BUY US!!  I AM
ENTERING YOUR MIND, AND YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT BUYINS US!!  YOU WILL BUY
US!!  YOU WILL BUY US NOW!!  YOU WILL CLICK ON YOUR LITTLE WEB BROWSER AND
POINT IT TO THAT URL!!  YOU WILL READ THE PAGE AND THEN YOU WILL BUY US!!
BUY US!!  BOW DOWN BEFORE ME AND BUY US!!