Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Security problem in ESRI's ArcDoc 7.0.4

From: raphael () research canon com au (Andrew Raphael)
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 18:20:13 +1000

The program "fm_fls" as distributed with ESRI's "ArcDoc" package (7.0.4)
[...]
I've seen fm_fls distributed with other applications -- perhaps the
bug is not specific to ARC/Info?

fm_fls is the FrameMaker license server.  It's not setuid in my vanilla
International FrameMaker installation, but the "chmod 666" behaviour
is there.  It just creates the log file owned by the first person to
run FrameMaker.

--
Andrew Raphael <raphael () research canon com au>
        "Oh! I see, it's your birthday.  It's your big day, and I forgot."