Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: tcpd on IRIX (was Re: SunOS 4.1.4 fingerd)

From: Bernd.Lehle () RUS Uni-Stuttgart DE (Bernd Lehle)
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 14:27:31 +0200

We use tcpd (tcp-wrappers) to block outside finger connections on a
machine, but [...].  So I still have to modify the source for the
fingers on any machine that won't run wrappers (like IRIX).

Huh?  We tcp-wrap our IRIX machines, no problem....

There was an update from tcp_wrapper 7.3 to 7.4 that fixed most of
the IRIX problems (read the documentation). On IRIX 5.3, 7.2 and
7.4 work fine.

--
Bernd Lehle - Stuttgart University Computer Center * A supercomputer <
     Visualization / Security / Astrophysics       * is a machine    <