Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: NFS mount calls (udp 2049) from a _router_ ??

From: lavondes () tidtest total fr (Michel Lavondes)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 21:51:24 +0100

In message <199606171540.RAA26234 () netto telepost no>, Tor Houghton writes:
I seem to get NFS mount calls from a Cisco router I've got. My first
impression was that someone had gained access to it and configured
some routing tables, but as far as i can see, this is not so.

What can I do to find out what is causing this?

Are you sure they're coming from the router itself ? AFAIK, ciscos
don't do NFS (and I hope they never will).

The only reason I can think of would be a client using NFS at boot
time.  Do you have helper addresses configured ?

Failing that, you may want to ask on cisco () spot colorado edu (send
the output of show version and a sanitized wr term with your question)

Michel Lavondes (lavondes () tidtest total fr)
#include <disclaimer.h>
Governments are guilty until proved innocent