Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [linux-security] BoS: CERT Advisory CA-96.12 - Vulnerability

From: taob () io org (Brian Tao)
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 1996 23:53:30 -0400

On Sat, 29 Jun 1996, Jon Lewis wrote:

Is it just me...or does it give people the willies knowing such an
easy to exploit hole was on their systems...perhaps for years.

    Exactly which versions of perl are susceptible to this?  I tried
it using /usr/contrib/bin/perl on a BSD/OS 2.0 system as well as
/usr/bin/perl on FreeBSD 2.1/2.2 systems, and none gave a root shell.
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob () io org, taob () ican net)
Systems and Network Administrator, Internet Canada Corp.