Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: nuke

From: gary () systemics com (Gary Howland)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 21:32:45 +0200

*Hobbit* wrote:

The right way is to fire a completed packet out a RAW/IP_HDRINCL socket so you
can give it an arbitrary source address, but I never actually had the time
to get this working [as opposed to simply crashing the machine].  Anyone else
have something similar working to offer as an example?

What are you trying to add?  Just redirect stuff? (Sorry, I'm not
familiar with nuke).

I have some perl code that sends IP packets out on RAW/IP_HDRINCL
sockets, and it should be quite trivial to add source routing options.
Let me know what you're after, and I'll see what I can do.

(Tip: If your using RAW/IP_HDRINCL on FreeBSD, don't forget to put
the IP length field in _host_ byte order).

Gary
--
pub  1024/C001D00D 1996/01/22  Gary Howland <gary () systemics com>
Key fingerprint =  0C FB 60 61 4D 3B 24 7D  1C 89 1D BE 1F EE 09 06L