Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Router programming,source routes and spoofed ICMP attacks.

From: alan () manawatu planet org nz (Alan Brown)
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 18:37:11 +1200

On Thu, 20 Jun 1996, Brian Mitchell wrote:

No matter, most operating systems should be immune to such things at this
point in time.

The operative word is "should"

Solaris 2.4 isn't, nor are any of the SunOs 4.x versions, AIX up to the
current level or Linux.

I'd say just about anyone who cares at all about security (ie: anyone
reading this list) has source routing disabled on their routers, and
probably on their individual workstations as well.

I'd agree with you but I've seen more ciscos than I like to remember with
source routing still enabled.

AB