Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: quotas? maybe you're not seeing all of it

From: tom () itchy serv net (Tom Bowman)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 23:56:45 -0700

On Mon, 22 Jul 1996, Don Lewis wrote:

Trojan horse alert!

On Jul 21, 10:57am, "Brett L. Hawn" wrote:
} Subject: quotas? maybe you're not seeing all of it
} I finally found the source to this annoying little monster so I thought I'd
} let ya'll see it. I don't know off hand if this little bug has been seen
} before/discussed before but if it hasn't I'm quite sure all of you would
} love to fix it :) I've not tried it on anything but Solaris 2.5 so far but
} I've no doubt that it'll work elsewhere as well.
}
<snip..>

welp.. news flash.. this problem is relatively old.. this whole deal
concerning this 'tsk' person was dealt with over 2-3 months ago.. the
person is long gone.. and cert had been a part of the dealings...
account has been deleted propper authorities contacted.. so no phear..
please stop your users from running it however as it is clogging the mail
server of the remote server coded into the trojan..
thanks

Tom Bowman