Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: procmail

From: melody () voicenet com (Melody Lynn Yoon)
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 19:32:11 -0400

On Wed, 7 Aug 1996, Ficus Kirkpatrick wrote:

The problem there is that for an 'ftp only' account, the shell has to
be in /etc/shells, or FTP will not work (with most FTP servers).

That's true, but if you use wuftp, since you are provided with source code,
it's trivial to modify the location of the file which is used to determine
if the person who is ftping has a valid shell.

Melody

Melody Lynn Yoon        Systems Administration          melody () voicenet com
"Our children know everything... We have cable." -- Charles in Charge
Member of Team Internet Paintball -- I just forget my ID #
PGP Key: finger -l melody () voicenet com