Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: BUG in /bin/bash

From: mevans () inficad com (The Ghost who Admins)
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 18:09:25 -0700

I got the same output on a BSDI box running BASH version 1.14.5(1)

This probably means that the version of BASH that we are running is ok.
The bug was with the ASCII character value of 255 being a command
separator. It is a bug only if the BASH version you are running on
separates the ls and who commands and runs them both separatly.

since ours did not separate the commands, we are ok.

Mike Evans
<mevans () inficad com>