Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: group-setuid core hole

From: jmason () iona com (Justin Mason)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 12:46:22 +0100

1. Just blow up the Group - writable bit on each file system..
 ** but there occurs  a problem when PATCH is needed..
  I don't know what problem would be occur ..
  but the GURU seokchan Lee notified me that .

Nope -- there's no problem here. chmod the files and directories,
and use "installpatch -u".

Isn't there a solaris 2.4 patch that chmods the filesystems to
something a little saner?

--j.              (Justin Mason, jmason () iona com, nearly half electrons)
"...The net result of it is that people get their personalities mixed up
with the personalities of their bicycle as a result of the interchanging
of the atoms of each of them... and you would be surprised at the number
of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles."