Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Ray Cromwell: Another Netscape Bug (and possible security

From: hbo () octel com (Howard B Owen)
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 1995 22:11:08 -0700

On my BSDI2.0 machine running Netscape 1.1N, this causes a segmentation
fault and subsequent coredump. GDB reports nothing useable (stripped
executable)

  I cannot reproduce this bug on the following platforms:

        Solaris 2.5 beta/Netscape 1.1N
        SunOS 4.1.4/Netscape 1.0N
        Windows 95 Gold/Netscape 1.2N

  I get an error requestor stating the document contains no data on
1.1N and 1.2N. Netscape 1.0N just shows me a blank page.

Matthew James Sheppard wrote in private email:

Make sure your proxy is turned off, else the error is handled correctly.

Right you are. I can now reproduce the bug on all three platforms.

Mosaic 2.4 on SunOS 4.1.4 does not manifest the bug as far as I've
been able to determine. Neither does Microsoft Internet Explorer on
Windows 95.

My stomach hurts. 8(

--
Howard Owen hbo () octel com   Octel Communications Corporation  1024/DC671C31 =
Internet Guy/Webmaster      1001 Murphy Ranch Rd.             37 A0 46 EE BE