Bugtraq mailing list archives

lsof 3.41

From: abe () vic cc purdue edu (Vic Abell)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 13:03:44 -0500

Lsof 3.41 is now the current distribution on vic.cc.purdue.edu in
pub/tools/unix/lsof.

This revision of lsof uses a private device cache file for each
UID that executes lsof.  The world-readable and world-writable
/tmp/.lsof_dev_cache file is no longer used.  The documentation in
the release notes (00DIST, 00FAQ, and 00README), the man page, and
the source code give details.

Lsof 3.41 has new support for IRIX 6.1 and Linux up through 1.3.20,
but I've been advised lsof 3.41 doesn't compile under Linux 1.3.22.

I thank the "gentle readers" of this list for their useful suggestions.

Vic Abell <abe () cc purdue edu>, lsof author