Bugtraq mailing list archives

Netscape problems (again)...

From: elfchief () lupine org (Jay 'Whip' Grizzard)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 21:55:31 -0700

I'm suprised someone else hasn't noticed this one.

On the Netscape 1.12 and 2.0 info pages, it talks about how the RNG has
been much improved. Among other things, it mentions that the truly
paranoid can add stuff to their environment before starting Netscape, and
since it uses the environment to help seed the RNG, this will improve
security.

On SunOS, at least, you can see the complete environment of ANY program
running on the system... I use: ps -auxgwwwe

Granted, that's not damning in itself, but it doesn't help much...

                                                                        -WW